Best post workout chocolate milk: After a brutal session or even a regular workout, our muscles literally start hustling for a good meal and proper protein-based drink. As a result, bodybuilders and athletes choose protein shake right after the workout and a heavy meal within an hour or two. We need to know what to eat and drink after the workout to maximize our muscle growth and what we lose during the workout.
Our muscles need carbs and protein during the post-workout recovery time. Therefore, choosing a good protein-packed drink with another ingredient will be more adequate than junk foods or traditional beverages. On that point, Chocolate milkshakes are very popular and chosen by athletes as a post-workout drink. Do you want to know the reasons?
Okay, let us have more words about the topic “Best post-workout chocolate milk” and a few products, which are doing good in the market.
Table of Contents
What made chocolate milk so popular after a workout?
Most of the time, we prefer the liquid form of protein to recover our muscles and get rid of soreness after doing our exercise. Protein powder is one of the most admired liquid forms for athletes. However, some athletes drink low-fat chocolate milk as their post-workout drink. Since it helps to restore muscles quickly to their topmost possible range and reload what the body misplaces throughout the energetic exercise. Including fluids, important nutrients, and electrolytes (calcium, potassium, sodium, and magnesium), which we lost while sweating, can gain by the post-workout chocolate milk. Low-fat chocolate milk contains the right balance of carbs and protein scientifically proven to help refuel exhausted muscles.
After a workout, is chocolate milk really a good recovery drink?
Chocolate milk contains triple the carbohydrate and protein content. It’s an easy-to-use recovery drink. It has a high moisture content that replaces losses in sweat to help prevent dehydration. It packs a protein bonus of calcium sodium and sugar additives for athletes regaining water retention and regaining energy. Here we will break down if the drink is useful as an add-on for your workout recovery after a heavy workout.
Those who feel interested in food and nutrition must hear or read about the contrast between milk protein and chocolate. Milk protein can help us to gain more lean muscle and lose fat. Compared to the drink, which portrays as a carb-only beverage, milkshakes are apparently better as a regular workout and recovery routine. Most of the beverages must have counted calories, fat, and sugar, but chocolate milk seems to be more adequate to offer more protein, not carbs and fats.
Is chocolate milk a good recovery drink? Health Benefits of Chocolate Milk:
Logical indication supports this topic, namely chocolate milk as a post-workout drink, even some studies have shown why athletes should consume low-fat chocolate milk for recovery after an active exercise session. Some studies advise drinking low-fat chocolate milk post-workout could help athletes boost power and improve training times in their next bout of exercise later that same day, compared to when they drink a carbohydrate sports drink.
For instance, if we look down to a bottle of Fairlife Core Power Milk Shake, which is a 12/14 ounce packaging that conveys 26 grams of protein, 8-gram carbs, and 5-gram sugar with chocolate flavor. So, what else does an athlete need right after a brutal season of their workout, meanwhile you will be consuming 170-180 calories as well per bottle. Apart from this packaging, there are so many options to choose from, and most of them are luckily pre-make.
Those who don’t have time and energy to make foods right after the workout can easily choose this as the best option. Even if you are not choosing this shake after a workout, you can take this after a few hours of your workout with a meal. Milk protein is characterized as casein protein, and it melts slower but effectively in our body, so growth and lean muscles will be the outcome while you are resting.
3 Best Post Workout Chocolate Milk
There are several products in the market, but we will highlight 3 of them, which seem prominent, budget worthy, and have great health benefits. So, let’s check the top three we have measured as the best three.
1. American Body Building (ABB) Pure Pro 50:
This compact and highly protein malted milkshake bottle will easily replenish your body after a strenuous workout. 1. American Body Building (ABB) Pure Pro 50 comes with a delicious taste; a rich, creamy taste will make you feel it is not a protein-packed drink. You will feel like it is for a pleasant beverage that we take. It has a serious amount of 50-gram milk and whey protein to support muscle recovery. There are some other good reasons to go for this product, and they are;
- This bottle of milk comes with Low fat and sugar, only 2g of fat and 3g of sugar
- You will be getting naturally occurring amino acids & BCAAs
- Convenient and easy to carry because the aluminum can
- You will be getting all the health benefits and vitamins that milk offers.
- Only 443 ML can but does give a lot of nutrients worth money.
2. Fairlife Core Power High Protein Milk Shake:
Suppose someone is looking forward to having a compact and prominent milkshake. In that case, Fairlife Core Power High Protein Milk Shake can be the best option. Core Power protein shakes are a delicious post-workout recovery drink. Core Power is made with ultra-filtered, lactose-free milk. With high-quality complete protein and all 9 essential amino acids, Core Power protein drinks help build lean muscle and support healthy workout recovery. Both chocolate and vanilla flavors are also available to give you a change of taste. With 26g High-Quality Complete Protein in one bottle, you will be recharged right after the workout. There are more advantages of taking the core power milkshake, and they are;
- A Ready to Drink Protein Shake
- A delicious drink is made from Ultra-Filtered Milk
- You will be getting all 9 Essential Amino Acids as an added bonus
- Don’t think about lactose; it is lactose-free
- Never mind, it is also Gluten-Free.
- Available in Chocolate and Vanilla
3. Nestle Nesquik Chocolate Milk:
Tiny size, but Nesquik chocolate powder turns milk into a treat that has the taste you love and the nutrition you need. Flavored with real cocoa, NESQUIK provides 8 grams of protein and 12 essential vitamins and minerals when combined with low-fat vitamin A & D milk. This pack is ready to drink pack and no high fructose corn syrup and is certified Kosher. So, whether you need a protein boost for your workout recovery or want a tasty and rewarding shake for any time, NESQUIK is there to help take on the day.
This product is
- Ideal for post-workout and to carry.
- Nestle Nesquik Chocolate low-fat milk can be taken in more than one bottle at once, as they are smaller in size.
- Contains vitamins and nutrients that can promote good health for anyone.
- Reasonably priced as a ready-to-drink pack.
4. Atkins Gluten Free Protein-Rich Chocoate Shake:
Those who want to revel in the sweet and creamy taste can go to the Atkins Milk Chocolate Delight Protein-Rich Shakes. This product can and provide your body the firm drive it wants. This milkshake is not only packed with essential vitamins and minerals; you will get 15 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar per bottle. Every bottle milkshake is gluten-free and contains 2 grams of net carbs, which is why the company claims this product is the best match for a keto-friendly and low-carb routine. There are some more effective sides like,
- One box contains 12 ready-to-drink milk chocolate protein shakes.
- This product provides quick, effective, and balanced weight loss by limiting carbs and sugar.
- A good package to raise up the energy levels and to refuel after working out.
- It is a delicious, creamy milk chocolate flavor, apparently Non-Caffeinated
- You don’t need to refrigerate; it is a shelf-stable product.
- Worth of money.
5. Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Shake:
After our workout session, we need to consume something that helps our muscle rebuilding, growth, and mass muscle maintenance. In simple words, Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Shakes does each job perfectly in with the drink. Individually every bottle delivers a complete blend of high-quality relaxed and fast discharging proteins to offer a more continuous distribution of protein equaled to whey alone. This process helps to rebuild our strength and replenish energy. This product has 5 types with a different purposes. Every bottle just contains 160-190 calories with 25-30 grams of protein. Unlike this product we are talking about, the pro series of muscle milk contains 30 grams of protein. The more advantages of this product are,
- 14 fluid ounce bottles of muscle milk Genuine Protein Shake contain 25 g protein.
- Zero grams of sugar
- Outstanding source of calcium and vitamins A, C, & D
- 4 grams of fiber per serving
- You will have all the essential amino acids, including Leucine, which plays an important role in muscle growth
- It has a complete blend Test of creamy and chocolaty flavor that can refill and give satisfaction indeed.
6. Milkman Chocolate Milk with 18g of protein:
Another product that conveys amazing protein amount and delicious taste. Milkman Chocolate Milk instantly testes like regular chocolate milk! Every serving of this product contains 18g of protein encouraged with healthful vitamins and minerals, making it an admirable drink for both kids & adults. This protein-packed chocolate milk doesn’t come in a ready-to-drink pack, but it is easy to make. This creamy, low-fat powdered milk mixes in quickly and easily with no clunking for a sweet and smooth chocolate milk taste. There are more advantages that you will get from this pack, like
- This unique chocolate milk powder can be stored for many days, eventually for 2 years at most.
- Each packet can be made within one 10-11 oz. the glass of water.
- Comes with a high protein count and all the other vitamins you will need to replenish and recover after post-workout
- For young and old, it is an easy single-serve option for those who are growing, looking to add protein to their diet.
Premier Milk Protein Shake with 30g protein:
Premier Protein Shakes Are Packed in an 11.5oz bottle, and they are a ready-to-drink product, with no hassle to mix up and add water in it. Individual Premier Protein Shake contains 30 grams of protein, with all the essential amino acids. In fact, the blend of milk protein and casein inside these shakes are ready to help refuel muscles quickly and for several hours to help support the fitness goals. This product is one of the best choices to be a post-workout recovery drink. A few other advantages you will have,
- Low sugar, only 1g of sugar
- Don’t have to think about the carbs; every pack contains 3-5g carbs depending on the flavor
- Calorie count will not be hampered for those trying to maintain a balanced diet; every bottle has only 160 calories.
- 24 vitamins & minerals will be the added bonus for this product.
- Premier Protein shakes are also low in fat.
- This product is available in 9 delicious flavors: Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate, Vanilla, Cafe Latte, Caramel, Cookies & Cream, Strawberries & Cream, Bananas & Cream, and Peaches & Cream.
- Worth of money.
Okay! We have learned a few good things about having Chocolate milk, how they are helpful after a workout, and a few models we can choose. It can be said that for better digestion, gaining muscle, and recovering properly, these chocolate milk can be considered a good drink.
If we choose a low-fat and highly compact nutrient product, then nothing to be worried about. Sometimes these products might seem to be highly-priced, and for that reason, people start ignoring them. Whereas the mentioned products are truly amazing due to their health benefits. In addition to having something great, you might have to pay a little more in some cases.
Stay fit, stay healthy and keep smiling.